NYC, the city that never sleeps

New York City, the city that never sleeps, is a playground for everyone.  Whether you stay for a weekend or month, there is always so much to do and see.  You will never see and do it all.  Having grown up just across the bridge in Harrison, NJ, New York has always been very accessable to me.  I remember taking the PATH train into the city for a quarter, today it is over $2.00.  There were two reasons to go into the city.  First, my mom cleaned multiple penthouses and apartments in the city, so i went with her to help her so she can come home earlier and in return I made a few bucks.  The second was to shop and spend that money. Jersey City and New York City had all kinds of different, inexpensive, and unique clothes and shoe stores.  Growing up, NYC was my mall and I loved it.  When I was in college, I went there once or twice for the night life with girlfriends who were familiar with NY at night.  I sure was not.  We always went to NY during the day. While in high school, often my friends and I would go into the city to a museum, sightsee, or visit monuments like the Statue of Liberty.  We always had some NY pizza!  That was a must! Yummm, there is nothing like it! We walked around a whole lot, shopped, people watched, ate pizza, and then went back home.  I love NYC.  One of the fondest memory I have of NY is on black friday, the day after Thanksgiving, going into the city to start Christmas shopping and look at the Macy's window displays.  What a lovely place to visit during the holidays!

Now when i go to NYC, I still shop but I also enjoy a great show or comedy and the different eateries.  Last time we went was for Valentine's day and we stayed in Times Square.  It was also Chinese New Year so maybe that is why the 2018 New Years ball was still up.  It was awesome to see that at night.  I highly recommend taking the train into the city as driving can be quite stressful.  Then when in the city take public transportatuon, taxis, or ubers.  Visit Soho, China Town, Greenich Village, Central Park, well... visit all of New York.  It's beautiful!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Travel is Like a Box of Chocolates!

Always A New Part of This Wonderful World to See

It Just Keeps Getting Better - 2019 Year In Review