Mom's 70th Birthday Trip to Tampa, Fl

To celebrate mom's 70th Birthday, my brother and I took her to Tampa, Florida.  Mom had never been to Florida and we knew she would love it.  Mom and I flew from DCA and had a lovely flight.  My brother and his family drove from NJ down to Florida.  We arrived at about the same time at the AirBnB.  We rented a beautiful Victorian home in Tampa a block from the bay.  It had 4 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms upstairs a large dining room, living room, library and kitchen on the first floor. It was quaint and roomy.  This was my first time staying at an AirBnB but my brother and sister-in-law have done so many times and enjoy it very much.  There are many conveniences of renting a home, especially when it's a large family vacation like this. 
Some of the cons are that you have to make your own bed and clean up after yourself some.  Also, the neighbors next door had a party that lasted into the wee hours of the night on one night which was a bit loud and disturbing. I also am a little germ phobic and was concerned I would have issues with the cleanliness of the house but I didn't have any issues.  The home was extremely clean. 
On the first day, we drove to St. Pete Beach, and spent the day on the beach and in the water.  It was lovely.  The next two days we drove down to Manatee County to Coquina beach.  We enjoyed the beach and water.  We were greeted by dolphins both days.  My godson, Cash and I swam all day.  Cash is 19 months and loves the water, the birds, and the boats.  It was wonderful to spend those few days with family relaxing on the beach.
Mom loved Florida so much she is considering coming and spending some time there every year.  She felt great and enjoyed every minute.  Florida is a great and very inexpensive vacation destination for us here in the DC area.  It is only a hop and skip away and perfect for a weekend get away.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Travel is Like a Box of Chocolates!

Always A New Part of This Wonderful World to See

It Just Keeps Getting Better - 2019 Year In Review