Beignets are heavenly! October in NOLA!

Every time I return to New Orleans or NOLA, I am reminded why I love it so much.  It almost makes me feel like I'm in a different country but I'm not.  The Bayou people are full of southern charm and an eclectic energy that is unprecedented.  The food is to die for and definitely puts a few pounds on you if you aren't careful.  Every time I come, I always make a point to walk down Royal Street toward Jackson Square.  I really enjoy the art galleries and the outdoor artists that you see on this street.  They always amaze me with their new, creative, and inspiring artwork.  I enjoy walking around the French Quarter and bumping into all the street performers.  It's important to always have a few small bills with you so you can tip the entertainers. 
Another must do when coming to the Bayou is the French Market, where you can stock up on Louisiana spices and hot sauce.  We always pick up a few t-shirts that we enjoy using while working out or to lounge around in.  It is a wonderful reminder of one of our favorite places to visit.
We don't always stop at Cafe du Monde for beignet as the lines tend to be really long depending on the time of day and the day of the week you stop by but this time we waited.  We were patient this time and boy was it worth it.  The three beignet with all the white powdery sugar were just delicious.  This is a must do when you come visit New Orleans! 
Don't bother buying the boxed beignet mix as it is not the same.  There is something about the oil they fry these in that is just not possible to replicate at home.  I recommend enjoying them here at the Cafe or on a bench overlooking the river with a nice cup of coffee!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Travel is Like a Box of Chocolates!

Always A New Part of This Wonderful World to See

It Just Keeps Getting Better - 2019 Year In Review