Seeing My Own City


Washington D.C. is the seat of power for the U.S. and one of the most intriguing cities in the world. I have lived in the DMV (DC, Maryland, and Virginia) area most of my life and must admit I take much of what the city has to offer for granted.  The city has amazing museums, theaters, concert venues, and restaurants, not to mention the seat of government, and the monuments. 

I highly recommend you visit Washington DC. If you do, the National Museum of African American History and Culture is my favorite. You must visit the U.S. Capitol and the White House. Also, walk the mall and look st the Washington Monument. In April, we decided to have a bit of a "staycation". We stayed in DC one night and went to my favorite restaurant,  Ocean Prime. We also visited the National Archives and the National Portrait Gallery.  I have also been taking walks on the National Mall and visiting more of the museums this year. It is awesome to be in the presence of that much history on a regular basis. Obviously, the DMV is a "place for me" since I live in Maryland. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Travel is Like a Box of Chocolates!

Always A New Part of This Wonderful World to See

It Just Keeps Getting Better - 2019 Year In Review